Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Restoring a Glass Top Outdoor Table

Restoring a Glass Table
weather proofed moinstue resistant plywood underlayment table top
Our outdoor glass table was blown over by the wind and shattered. This is how I restored it.
I used 1/4 in x 4ft x 8ft Moisture Resistant Plywood Underlayment from Home Depot to replace the glass table top. We had the plywood left over from another project.  All you have to do is turn the table upside down on the plywood and trace and cut. You'll have to take the table apart to insert the plywood. It fit perfect inside the frame where the glass had been. A center hole was cut with a jig saw for the umbrella.
I weatherproofed it with 4 coats of BEHR PREMIUM WOOD COATINGS TRANSPARENT WEATHER PROOFING ALL IN ONE WOOD FINISH left over from weather proofing our new deck. I really love this weather proofing product.
 I spray painted the metal frame gloss black.
This was an easy and fast project that gave me my table back for enjoying meals on the deck. I bought a new umbrella that I found reduced for $15 which was the only expense.
glass table top replaced with weather proofed plywood underlayment

No before picture this time. I couldn't bare to take one of the shattered glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to leave comments. I will try to answer questions to the best of my ability excluding personal information. I am not an expert and may not be able to answer without further research or experimentation. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I apologize for any mistakes or miscommunication. I will try to edit or correct any mistakes as soon as possible. I will delete any comments that I consider offensive to my readers.